Whether you live in a remote location or have the desire to be completely self-sufficient, we have the knowledge and experience to design the perfect off-grid power system to best suit your needs.
Reliability is key with an off-grid power supply and each system requirement is completely different. We have some examples and kits available however when it is your home we recommend having a tailor made system to ensure that reliability. To get an idea of cost please call 01903 213141 to speak to one of our technical team. We will ask you a few questions before designing and pricing a bespoke system for you. This service is free of charge.
Off-Grid Power Systems can be completely self-sufficient or partially grid connected. Read on to explore the differences.
This is a place where no mains grid is available – perhaps due to huge costs for the national grid to run power, or due to the desire to be self-sufficient.
- In most cases up until now, these remote areas have relied upon diesel generators which have large running costs. Currently, an average home costs around £450 per month in fuel plus servicing.
- With solar, fully off-grid power can be achieved although the initial costs are usually slightly higher than a generator, but lower than paying for the mains power supply.
- These systems are regularly designed using Solar PV to power the building along with battery storage for extra power when required, as well as at night.
- Systems generally include a small generator for times when power is low (typically winter) or the power requirement is very high.
- Systems without generator backup are possible however this is not usually the most cost-effective method and will depend on the site.
- The best way to calculate and design a system is to speak with one of our professional engineers. They can take you through the basic principals and possible costs of your project.
Partially off-grid power:
When mains power is available but not desired or is intermittent, it can be useful to be more independent of the mains grid with a partial off-grid system.
- The system is similar to the above consisting of solar PV, batteries and possibly wind turbine. The difference here is that the mains power can be used as a backup or generator, saving thousands on maintenance and fuel costs. We call this a grid connected battery storage system with backup.
- For a residential system bills can be reduced to almost 20% or lower if other energy steps are taken to increase efficiency.
- Costs for this style of system start from £3200 plus a residential solar PV system. If you already have a solar PV system installed this can simply be added – a whole new system is not required.
Request a Quote
Fill in the form below for a free no-obligation quote.